Top Essentials To Buy This DhanTeras 2020
The biggest festival of the year is here! Diwali is the most significant festival of all the festivals in India. The celebration of lights, prosperity and joy. It's that one festival that brings happiness in every Indian's life.
The biggest festival of the year is here! Diwali is the most significant festival of all the festivals in India. The celebration of lights, prosperity and joy. It's that one festival that brings happiness in every Indian's life. There's something so magical about Diwali, almost mystical that makes everyone feel ecstatic, euphoric and blissful.
Consequently, Dhanteras marks the official beginning of Diwali. Commonly known as the day of spending- 'buying things', it's got a fascinating origin and background which might be alien to you.
The word 'Dhanteras' is the combination of two Sanskrit words, 'Dhan' which means wealth and 'Teras' which denotes the thirteenth day of the moon cycle.
Moreover, the Hindu God of medicine Dhanvantari is worshipped on this day. Dhanvantari, an avatar of Lord Vishnu, is the god of Ayurveda, the one who passed on the wisdom of Ayurveda to human beings.
Subsequently, Dhanteras is considered to be the luckiest day for investment in jewellery as well as household items. It is believed that purchasing ornaments and household goods, specifically on Dhanteras, is going to bring good luck in one's life and prosperity to the house.
So, if you are wondering what to buy on this auspicious day, here are some essentials you can't afford to skip this year!
Essentials Things To Buy On Dhanteras 2020:
- Gold or Silver Jewellery: This one is quite obvious! It's one of the most important things to be bought on this occasion. You can also buy a gold/silver coin with the image of Goddess Laxmi in case you want to invest small.
- Idols of Lord Ganesh and Laxmi Ji: Again, since it is such an auspicious day, you should add these idols to your list. Clay made, gold, or silver anything as per your preference.
- Broom and Other Main Household Equipments: Broom is one of the most important cleaning items that's used in almost every household. Moreover, Diwali is essentially about inviting luck, success and prosperity in your house. The first step to do so is making sure your home is absolutely clean. Purchasing a broom on Dhanteras also symbolizes the starting of a whole new year with a clean house and by extension, pure life.
- Kitchen Utensils: It is believed that DhanTeras is an auspicious day to purchase kitchen utensils as well! Preferably buy the ones that are made of Brass or even copper.
- Air Purifier: Given the current rate at which pollution is increasing, DhanTeras seems like an excellent occasion to invest in something that can substantially enhance your health and wellness! It's about time you invest in an Air Purifier, believe me, you are going to need it. It's worth buying!
- Water Purifier: Now that we're on the topic of health and wellness, it's also an excellent option to purchase a water purifier around this time. Clean, safe, pure and contaminant-free water is one of the most important things you're ever going to need for survival and wellbeing no matter the occasion, so why not invest in something that has exceptionally well results? Check out some water purifiers today!