Top 5 Immunity Boosting Drinks You Must Have | Beat Covid-19 in 2021 || Ecowell India
We are back with an article on how to up your health game and build a strong immune system.
Someone rightly said ‘Precaution is better than Cure’. With the pandemic hitting our nation hard, our health has become the biggest concern and topic of discussion. People are looking out for ways to keep themselves healthy so that they can prevent the virus, if not entirely then at least escape the severity of it. Our immune system is the guy that takes care of fighting against such viruses that attack our body. So the least we can do is help in boosting the functioning of our immune system. In the previous article, we shared some tips on how to modify your lifestyle in order to improve your immunity(check it out if you haven’t yet). In this article, we have a list of a few drinks that can help you with the same.
1. Golden Booster
One of the most popular healthy hot drinks in Indian households, Golden Booster, is your classic ‘turmeric milk’. Turmeric has anti-inflammatory effects and antioxidants which can be a great ingredient for your immunity.
- Add 2 cups of milk in a pan
- Add 3/4th tsp of turmeric powder
- ½ tsp of crushed pepper
- A pinch of cinnamon powder or ½ inch of cinnamon sticks (Cinnamon is very effective in helping our body fight infections)
- 1 tsp of grated ginger (Ginger helps in digestion and also against common flu and cold)
- 1 tsp coconut oil (you can avoid this step if you do not like coconut but this ingredient is healthy fat and helps in restoring energy after all that fighting that your body engaged in)
- Mix this well on low flame till the concoction comes to boil
- Now turn the flame off and add a tsp of honey
- Mix well and serve.
2. Bedtime Beverage
This is none other than your delicious almond milk drink. Almonds are a great source of magnesium that is essential for good sleep. Hence, having this drink before bed assures a good night’s sleep which is very important for your body to get adequate and good quality rest so that it can fight against all kinds of viruses.
- Take half a cup of almonds and roast them on a pan
- Cool them completely
- Add 2 pods of cardamom and ¼ tsp of saffron
- Blend this mixture into fine powder
- Now pour the mix into a glass bowl
- Add half a cup of milk powder
- Add 1/4th tsp of turmeric and saffron
- Mix this well and store this badam milk mix in an air-tight jar
- Now whenever you have to prepare your drink, just boil milk and add a big spoon of this mix and serve hot.
3. Carrot Ginger Soup
Carrot is an amazing ingredient to boost your immune system. It contains Vitamin A in the form of antioxidant beta carotene, which is critical to protecting your immune cells from free radical damage.
Besides having powerful antiviral and antibacterial properties, ginger is great to enhance your body’s immune response. These two ingredients come together in this recipe to create a super healthy and delicious drink.
- Pour 2 tbsp of Olive Oil in a cooker
- Add 2 inch of finely chopped ginger and sauté well till you get the aroma
- Add half medium-sized sliced onion and sauté till it softens a bit
- Add 3 chopped carrots and sauté for about 2 minutes
- Now add 2 ½ cups of water
- Add ½ tsp of salt
- Stir well and set the cooker for 3 whistles
- Strain out the water in another bowl and let the remaining cool off completely
- Now blend the carrot ginger mixture in a grinder to make carrot puree
- Place a pan on the stove and add this puree to it
- Add the water that we had previously strained out
- Stir well and boil till the consistency is a bit thick
- Sprinkle ½ tsp of mixed herbs and pepper
- Add 1/4th tsp of salt and mix well
- Your soup is ready to be served
4. Ragi Porridge
Finger millet, popularly known in India as ‘ragi’ is very popular in the South Karnataka region and is even the staple diet in many villages. This cereal gained an important position in the kitchens of the entire nation during the period of coronavirus since it helps in improving the body’s immunity. People have started preferring it over rice and chappatis. Ragi contains calcium, phosphorus and Vitamin C and E and also has antioxidants. A combination of these several vitamins and minerals found in a single ingredient, does wonders to boost our immunity against viruses and other pathogens.
- Take 2 tbsp of ragi in a bowl
- Add ½ cup of water and mix well so that there are no lumps. Keep it aside
- Heat a pan and add 1 cup of water and bring it to boil
- Add the ragi water that we prepared earlier to it
- Stir continuously till it thickens
- It will take about 10-15 minutes till it starts looking a bit glossy
- Add 1 tsp of jaggery and dissolve it well
- You shall obtain a creamy consistency
- Add ½ cup of milk and mix well on low flame
- When the consistency is smooth, add 1/4th tsp of cardamom powder and mix
- Your Porridge is ready to be served
5. Mint Tea Brew
Mint comes with antioxidant and antibacterial properties that ward off infections, viruses, cold and cough, thus boosting the strength of the immune system. Regular consumption of mint tea renders great benefits to your body.
- Take a handful of fresh mint leaves in a mortar
- Add 1 inch of cinnamon
- ½ tsp of clove
- ½ tsp of pepper
- 4 cardamom pods
- Crush all these with the pestle till it becomes a paste (does not have to be very smooth)
- Now boil 4 cups of water in a pan
- Add the mint spice mix that we prepared previously and mix well
- Let the flavors infuse for a few minutes while the water boils
- Strain it out in a cup and serve
Make sure to include these drinks in your daily diet. These are great for the overall well-being of your body both internally and externally and you see the effects when consumed regularly. It will not only help you fight the coronavirus but also build your immunity against any virus in the future.
Hope this article was helpful.
Stay Healthy and Stay Safe.