5 Ways To Boost Your Immunity | Beat Covid-19 in 2021 || Ecowell India
A strong immune system will not only help you get through this pandemic but will also give you a longer and healthier life.
Our immune system is like the defence department of our body. In order to fight against harmful pathogens, bacteria, viruses, etc. that attack our body and make it sick, we must focus on building a strong defence regiment. I mean the immune system. The pandemic has made us realise, more so now than ever, the importance of strong immunity and we have been hearing and reading around how people are promoting ways of achieving it. Age definitely plays a huge factor in the level of one’s immunity, but several other unhealthy habits comprising our lifestyle also contribute to weakening the immune system. So no matter what age you are, if you do not follow a healthy lifestyle on a very regular basis, you are likely to succumb to attacks by external disease-causing agents.
Do you wish to improve your immunity? There are many products in the market today that claim to help you with that. But it is rather not recommended (unless strictly prescribed by a health expert) because our bodies have a natural tendency to generate immune cells and it is a much better option to adopt natural ways to boost that organic process. So have a look at some of these easy ways that can help you with it.
- Exercise Regularly: Moderate intensity workouts, on a regular basis, does wonders for the benefit of your health –both physical and mental. If you wish to engage in vigorous exercise you must consult your doctor first. And if your physiatrist approves, you can certainly do mild to moderate workouts. A few Surya-namaskars accompanied by some breathing exercises i.e. pranayama, or even brisk walking around your neighbourhood can be very wholesome. Be as regular as your body allows you to be.
- Drink Alkaline Water: As important as it is to stay hydrated, what gets missed out in most of the discussions is the kind the water that one should consume. Most of the people, for pure and clean water, go for the regular RO water purifiers. However, reverse osmosis renders the water acidic while also depriving the water of several important minerals that it naturally contains which are needed by our body. Alkaline water has a pH of 8-10 and is most fit for drinking. Besides maintaining the pH of your body, it also contains antioxidants that help in getting rid of toxic compounds that could weaken the body by hindering its biological functions. If you haven’t upgraded your water purifying system yet, Ecowell India might be able to help you out. Check out our range of domestic water purifiers that employ Alkaline Technology.
- Drink hot water: And while we are on the topic of drinking water, consuming hot to lukewarm water 2-3 times a day regularly goes a long way in staying healthy. It eases digestion, cleans the urinary bladder, helps with appetite and is a very good precautionary measure against infections related to the throat –sore throat, cough, fever, running nose, cold, etc. Just make sure the water is not too hot. If you consider switching to Ecowell’s water purifiers for the previous point, then I would recommend checking out our EWI007 and EWI009 best-selling models that have a provision of instant hot water. Save your time and resources by taking hot water directly from the purifier.
- Dietary Measures: Consulting a nutritionist is highly recommended since most of us are unaware of our body requirements and do not have adequate information on the nutrition breakdown of various food items to know what would suit us the best and the quantity for it. It is quite important to have your fat intake in control as that plays a key role in affecting your immune system. Fruits and vegetable are rich in nutrients, containing important vitamins, antioxidants and lots of fibre. Thus their inclusion as a major part of your diet is certainly beneficial for boosting that immunity! Since the onset of Covid-19, we have been quite concerned about the surfaces of fruits and vegetable carrying the virus. Properly cleaning them before use was always recommended, but it is only now that it’s almost mandatory according to health officials. Here is another tip: Ecowell’s EWI009 has a fruit and vegetable detoxifier as well !! It is based on Ozone Technology. Could this model get any better?
- Get Enough Sleep: After all that eating, drinking and exercising it is time to get some sleep. Giving your body the rest that it needs, at the right time, is vital for the proper functioning of the body. Lack of sleep and an erratic routine over a prolonged period of time is sure to invite sickness. When you’re asleep your body directs all its focus and energy to repair itself. Similarly, it is a must to avoid stress at all costs. If you have a tendency to be stressed out most of the time, you need to change that in order to build a strong immune system. Practising meditation helps a great deal.
As you can note from the points above, none of them will bring a transformation overnight. These are habits that need to be inculcated and practised religiously to gradually build and strengthen your immunity. A little effort each day can go a long way.
Hope you found this helpful.
Take care, stay healthy and stay safe.